Named after its founder, Dr. Ida P. Rolf, Rolfing Structural Integration is a form of bodywork that reorganizes the connective tissues, called fascia, that permeate the entire body. More than fifty years ago, Dr. Rolf recognized that the body is inherently a system of seamless networks of tissues rather than a collection of separate parts. These connective tissues surround, support and penetrate all of the muscles, bones, nerves and organs. Rolfing works on this web-like complex of connective tissues to release realign and balance the whole body. This manual therapy includes deep hands on work, movement exploration, and postural “homework”.
Essentially, the Rolfing process enables the body to regain the natural integrity of its form, thus enhancing postural efficiency and your freedom of movement.
General Information about appointments
- Sessions are from 75-90 minutes depending on the flow of the work.
- We meet once every week or every 2 weeks depending on our schedules.
- I will do stand alone sessions but Rolfing works best within the 10 series format.
- I take cash or checks only. I don’t take insurance and I don’t accept tips.
- Please come hydrated and clean. Don’t wear lotion or perfumes.
- Women should bring boy shorts and sports bras or bandeaus. Men should bring running shorts or boxer briefs that they are comfortable being seen in.
- I will ask questions about your body history as well as your mental health and your goals within the Rolfing process.
- Take the time to think about that info before arriving at your first session.
75-90 min. session -$120
10 Series paid in advance-$1000 ($200 dollar savings)
**I will accept a limited number of clients at a sliding scale rate to accommodate monetary restrictions. This sliding scale is need based so please don’t let the cost of the work stand in your way.